At KJ Energy we believe that we have a responsibility not only to our stakeholders but also to our environment. Part of that responsibility is to operate with as little negative environmental impact as possible. We are in the Natural Gas industry as a matter of choice, because we believe that Natural Gas is the transition fuel that powers America’s energy independence and lowers carbon emissions. We believe it’s important to be very specific in the ways that we recognize our environmental responsibility and to conduct our business accordingly.
The list below identifies some very concrete ways that KJ Energy is striving to conserve our natural resources and limit our carbon footprint using technology as the building block.
- Reduction of location size by 30%
- Ban on flaring of gas
- Precision pumping via remote handhelds to reduce fuel consumption and vehicle emissions
- Targeted engineering of frac procedures to reduce water consumption
- High percentage of field brine-water is transferred via pipeline to company-owned production facilities reducing vehicle emissions
Platitudes are great to have, but we believe that it takes more, and while producing energy is the revenue producer for KJ Energy, we also believe our commitment to environmental responsibility must be a core competency.
Energy is the driving force for our economy, and we’re proud to be a part of this industry, and the commitment we bring to doing our best to be the standard by which others are measured.
KJ Energy strives to pursue no harm to people or the environment, leads a full compliance process and manages HSE as a critical business activity.
KJ Energy believes the safety and well-being of our employees, and all stakeholders, is a requirement for doing business. We’re committed to being cognizant and proactive in all areas of safety and must promote and demand practices that convey our desire to be an employer of choice for our team members, and a business of choice for communities. Our commitment to safety will be guided by the following principles:
- A mindset that starts with the value of all employees to work in a company where their safety is paramount and there is no substitute for providing the safest workplace possible.
- Support programs and processes that strive to help our employees lead healthier lives and make choices that will support their physical and mental health.